Sunday, October 7, 2012

True Repentance: A Hunter's Pursuit

Available Now


I use to joke to people that I was glad God only gave me a desire for hunting and not fishing, otherwise I’d never see my wife. The truth be told now, God has redirected my life in service to Him and placed my hobbies, hunting included, in submission to that. Nevertheless I had a burden on me that as a hunter and lover of the outdoors I needed to communicate the Gospel to my fellow hobbyists.  I was disappointed in the so-called outdoor devotional market. It seems the “Christian” market place was flooded with cleaver anecdotes and stories about the outdoors-men experience and its relation to God but it is very superficial. The milk was plentiful but the meat was in short supply. 

One day while reading one of my favorite puritan authors Thomas Watson I wondered how many people had spent such time diving into the doctrine of repentance. This foundational doctrine of salvation must be understood and applied. As a result I set out to break down this deeper subject into a series of hunting related stories from around the country and even the world. My impetus was to whet the appetite of the reader on this glorious subject of what constitutes true and false repentance. I encourage you to pick this up and to examine yourself in the process. I’m sure you will not be disappointed.

True Repentance: A Hunter’s Pursuit is available now at Amazon online store.



No comments:

Post a Comment