Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Welcome..


I decided to begin this blog to encourage others to reach out in faith to the lost in their neighborhoods. As I look around it appears lonely on the evangelism front lines. There are a few overactive Christian taking good news directly to the sinner but as I look back I see the vast majority of the troops still in the trenches. I’ve notice a few different viewpoints on witnessing from Christians that result in them remaining on inactive duty. I’d like to address a few of them right here. 

1    Evangelismis the role of the Church leaders: Some how we think that the role of proclaiming the Gospel belongs solely to the Church leaders. This is why we rather ask someone to come to Church in hope that they will hear the Gospel rather then share it ourselves. The Great Commission belongs to us all. We say we want to follow Jesus expect when he says "I make you fishers of men" (Matt. 4:19). We want the power of the Holy Spirit unless it come with the requirement "you shall be witnesses to Me" (Acts 1:8). We call Christ Lord but "not do the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)


       I don’thave the gift of evangelism: Let’s look at what this gift is. Look at Ephesians 4:11. The scriptures say “He gave some to be …evangelist.”This is where some stop but if we look a little further down to verse 12 we see why God gave some to be evangelist and it is “for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry.” The work an evangelist will equip the saints for is to be a witness. 

       I don’tlike the way you do it, it’s just not for me: I’ve been told this beforeand it usually is one of two things. First, they are uncomfortable with it because they don’t know what to say. This is like a solider going to war without knowing how to shoot. This understandable. If we feel we are not equipped to speak to others about Christ then we need to get ourselves in shape and join the battle. The second is related to the use ofthe law in witnessing which is a very biblical way to proclaim the Gospel. In fact it is how Jesus did it. I think sometimes the law is pricking their own heart and this makes them uncomfortable. I suggest if this is your case to examine your own life against God’s holy law. A wise man once said in response to a similar argument,“I like the way I witness better than the way you don’t.”

So there are the top three I have ran across and I hope thiswill help eliminate some excuses and encourage you to join ranks.

No comments:

Post a Comment