Friday, June 15, 2012

The Brother By My Name

Mall evangelism in the state of Maryland where I reside is not friendly to witnessing. We do not have the freedom as other states do like California to openly proclaim God’s message. Once I was even asked to leave a mall based Christian bookstore when in conversation with a professing Christian couple about what the gospel is. The message of the cross had offended. Nevertheless, this should not be viewed as an opportunity to ditch our obligation to proclaim the good news only that it needs to be done with care and compassion.
Once time when I was doing some mall fishing I met a man on a bench and asked him if he had received his million yet. I offered him one of the Living Waters million tracts. He indicated he didn’t want one so I then said I had something I know he would want as I gave him a different tract which I had placed a real dollar in. He took this without any hesitation and I walked away. Before I got too far off he called me back. We began to talk. Apparently he didn’t realize I was a Christian until he quickly read the tract with the dollar in it. He said he had been thinking about his life and death for a while and was thinking about spiritual things as I came to him. He had recently loss a brother who by a wild providence had my same name. Now my name is not common. I have yet to meet anyone with it as a first. To think God sent me to talk to this man whose brother just died who bore my name and that this man had been thinking about eternal life. I was able to share Christ’s wonderful message with him that day; a privilege I was undeserving to have.
We never know what plans God has for us. He only needs us to be patience and obedient. Go share your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment